Abbots Langley

Kitters Green

 

Kitters Green is a hamlet of Abbots Langley and was probably the home of Roger Kytter in 1440. There are references to Kytterslane in 1432 and to Kittersgreene in 1593. [The Place-names of Hertfordshire]

The above picture comes from a postcard of Kitter Green
posted in 1905

The Card is an early one published in the Bedwell series

 

The Manor House adjoins Kitters Green
     
December  2008

 

Page created
July 2015   Link to Bedwell series