Abbots Langley

Serge Hill, Bedmond


Serge Hill

Abbots Langley


Publisher: Coles, Watford

Back circa 1904


Serge Hill, Abbots Langley

In an account of the house Abbots Langley, A Hertfordshire Village records that the house was built in 1720. Mr Isaac Solly was there in 1804 and was succeeded by his son, Samuel Reynolds Solly, and then by William Hammond Solly who died in 1897. When the estate was sold in 1919 it includes seven farms: Winches, Plaisters, Searches, Mill house, Tenements & Ninnings, White House Farm and Breakspeare.

Page created  August 2009