Auction of the Manor and Farm at Champneys, Near Tring
August 31st, 1804
A Valuable estate, comprising the Manors of Champneys and Fosters, with the Quitirents, Royalties, Rights and appurtenances thereunto belonging, a Farm House, to which addition hath recently been made, for the residence of a Gentleman; a capital new-built barn, with 9 bays, and two threshing floors; nag and cart-horse stables; coach-house, cow-house, sheds, poultry-house, and other appropriate offices; farm-yards; garden and orchard, a cottage and several closes of Arable, Pasture, Meadow, and Wood Land, containing upwards of 186 Acres, (be the same more or less) desirably situated in the parishes of Tring and Wigginton, in the county of Hertford. ... ...
The Times, 17 August, 1804
Champneys was later purchased to be upgraded to a significant house by the Rothschilds, and was purchased in 1925 by Stanley Lied to become a Nature Cure Resort
|October 2012||Page Created|