In 1823 Wakely Hamlet had a rateable value of £250 - which was the lowest rate of anywhere in the Braughing Hundred.
Session Books 1799-1833, Hertford County Records, Vol IX, p269
WAKELY, 2 miles west [of Westmill], formerly an extra-parochial liberty of Aspenden, was added to this parish by a Local Goverment Board Order dated March 25, 1883, and is now a hamlet of Westmill, consisting of one farm and eight cottages.
Westmill entry, Kelly's Directory for Hertfordshire, 1922
Book: WestMill - Westmill-cum-Wakeley
Wakeley Farm, Westmill
Advertisements in the Hertford Mercury and The Herts Guardian, Agricultural Journal, and General Advertiser in August 1856, had details of an estate sale which included:
Wakeley Farm, near to Westmill and Buntingford, consisting of a very comfortable farm house, beautifully situate, with lawn and flower gardens, excellent farm buildings, and about 340 acres of sound arable and meadow land, in the occupation of Mr. William Overell, at a moderate rent of £390; and Wadburn's Farm, in the hamlet of Wakeley and Westmill, with farm house and farm buildings, and about 312 acres of sound arable and meadow land, in the occupation of Mr. George Partoon, at the moderate rental of £325 per annum.
The whole of the lands in the parish of Wakeley have the advantage of being tithe-free, and are partly bounded by the fine estate of R. H. Greg, Esq.
The Farm House at Wakeley Farm is a listed building
|February 2011||Page restructured - no new information|
|April 2013||Information on Wakely Farm added|