ß St Pauls, Langleybury - posted 1911 - No publisher
Master Albert Richardson, 45 Whittlebury, Towcester, Northants, by Aunt
Langleybury Church, Hunton Bridge
No publisher. Probably 1930s - trees higher than in war memorial picture.
About one mile and a-half from Abbots Langley is Hunton Bridge, which in 1869 was constituted a chapelry to the mother church of St Lawrence. A very beautiful church, dedicated to St Paul, was built in the composite style, endowed by W. J. Lloyd, Esq., at a cost of £7000; it is of flint, with Bath-stone dressings, and consists of a nave, chancel, north aisle, south chapel, porch, and a tower, containing six bells, with a spire. The living is a Curacy, under Abbot's Langley, with a separate charge, of the annual value of £150, with a residence. There are handsome schools and a Baptist Chapel.
Crawley's Guide to Hertfordshire, 1880
|March 2014||Page created|